10 Benefits of Dates in 2022 | Side effects of Dates
Hey, are you the type of person who would love to know about 10 Benefits of Dates and also yourself in-depth then you are at the right place here. However, according to the Food and Agriculture Organization, Egypt is the world’s largest producer of dates, accounting for around 17% of global production. Despite its vast output, Egypt contributes for less than 3% of global date exports, want to know your body the do visit Tridosha.
What are Dates?
Date palm trees are indigenous to the Mediterranean region and flourish in hot, dry regions. It thrives in USDA hardiness zones 8–11 and needs full light. It can take up to four years for them to develop, although they usually bloom in late winter or early spring.
Dates are tropical fruits that are grown on palm plants called date palms. Phoenix Dactylifera is the scientific name for one of the world’s healthiest fruits. Dates are a type of dry fruit that has long been a part of West Asian culture. Dates contain a lot of natural sugar in them. Dates in their dry form have more calories than dates in their fresh form. Dates’ appeal stems from their high calorie content, which provides energy throughout the day.
Benefits of Dates (Khajur):
- High in glucose, fructose, sucrose all are natural sugars present in dates.
- Helps to give a necessary energy boost to our body.
- Cholesterol level decreases and best diet control food to reduce weight if consume daily.
- By eating two dates a day we are not only looking after our physique but also protecting them from inside.
- Improves digestive system as contains soluble fiber which helps to cure constipation.
- The best way to have dates is by soaking in water at night and having it first in the morning.
- Balances blood pressure as high blood pressure is due to sodium and salt present in a meal.
- They contain sodium but are packed with potassium which promotes sodium excretion.
- Improves vision due to vitamin E present in it.
- Makes bones stronger, reduces bone or joint pain by decreasing bone deformities.
- As it contains phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium which are all well known to cure osteoporosis.
- Prevents tons of diseases and harmful reactions which react inside our body.
- Contains 3 crucial antioxidants flavonoids, carotenoids, and phenolic acid.
- Carotenoids are renowned for their ability to minimize the risk of macular degeneration, which can be extremely damaging to your ocular health. Carotenoids are also well-known for their heart-health benefits. The use of dates can help to promote better heart health, which is one of the most important challenges in today’s health picture. Carotenoids focus on heart work and rates. Flavonoids are an antioxidant that can help your body with a variety of problems. Flavonoids are well-known for their anti-inflammatory capabilities, as well as their high affinity for reducing the symptoms of chronic diseases like diabetes. Flavonoids are also good to your brain and help to reduce the chance of brain degenerative disorders like Alzheimer’s disease. Flavonoids may also assist to reduce the risk of certain types of cancer, according to some evidence. Flavonoids are irreplaceable in reducing inflammation, helps to prevent cancer and diabetes. Phenolic acid lowers the risk of cancer. Phenolic acid is a well-known antioxidant that is well known for its anti-inflammatory activities. It has a long history of lowering the risk of getting cardiac problems and also helps to reduce the risk of contracting some types of cancer..
- Helps the brain to work better as contains a dose of powerful antioxidants. The implications of regular date eating on your neural health are numerous. They can aid in the overall improvement of your brain in addition to preventing degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- Promotes better learning ability and memories.
- Metabolism increases as it contains a full complex of vitamin B along with vitamin K, riboflavin, and other useful nutrients and minerals
- Helps to improve skin health as contains vitamin C which improves skin elasticity and helps in making skin smooth.
- Prevents the accumulation of melanin in the body and helps to prevent oily skin and wrinkles.
Side effects of Dates:
May lead to tooth decay
Dates are high in fluorine, which is beneficial to our teeth since it strengthens our enamel and protects us from tooth disease. It is crucial to note, however, that dates are not excellent for our teeth. Dates are high in sugar and carbs, both of which are known to cause tooth decay and cavities.
Can Cause abdominal pain
Dates are high in fibre, which, unexpectedly, can have the opposite impact in this case. If you haven’t been getting enough fibre, eating too many dates will just increase your fibre intake, which might cause constipation and bloating.
May cause stomach cramps or bloat
It’s not a good idea to eat dates with water because it can cause bloating. No one understands the exact cause of bloating at this time, but studies have suggested that it may be caused by the development of gas as a result of the interaction between high sugar levels in dates and water. It’s also a good idea to avoid drinking water right after eating dates if you don’t want to have a cough. If you’re preparing to eat a date and you’re also thirsty, it’s best to drink some water beforehand and then enjoy your dates.
Helps in weight gain
Dates are abundant in fiber, but they’re also high in calories and energy density, which can lead to rapid weight gain. Dates have a calorie density of 2-2.8 per gram, which implies they have a medium energy density and can cause weight gain.
Can cause Asthma attacks
Because dates can induce allergies, and allergies can cause asthma, it’s best if those who are allergic take extra precautions. In reality, 70-80% of persons with asthma are allergic to airborne elements such as molds, which can also be present in dried fruits like dates.
May cause Constipation
Dates are high in dietary fibre, which is good for our stomach and keeps our digestive system healthy. It controls bowel movement and supports normal waste disposal from the body, providing constipation treatment. If you have constipation, eat some dates to help you get rid of it. An excess of fibre, on the other hand, can cause (or worsen) constipation because dietary fibres absorb water from our bodies and make our stool dry, making it difficult for our bodies to expel it correctly.
Increase in blood pressure:
Because of their high calorific value and sugar content, dates are not recommended for patients with diabetes. A quarter cup of chopped dates has around 24 grammes of carbs and 105 calories. Dates are abundant in natural sugars such as glucose, fructose, and sucrose, with a glycemic index of 103, which is greater than glucose.
May cause skin rashes:
Sulfites, once again, are to blame for skin rashes caused by dried fruit like dates. Mold, which can be found in many dried fruits, including dates, can cause rashes.
Dates have the following nutritional value per 100g:
5.1 g protein, 0.4 g total fat
Sodium – 2 milligrammes
656 mg potassium
75 g carbohydrate (dietary fibres and sugar)
80400 micromol of antioxidants
Eat-in moderate sugar and calories as 2 dates a day is more than enough if you eat more than that 2 then add fruits, avoid eating junk foods with dates
Remember to eat only fresh vegetables and seasonal fruits that we get directly from mother earth.
Here we have discussed the main Benefits of Dates and the side effects of Dates to stay fit and healthy. To know some amazing recipes from dates you may also visit recipe page. Remember to eat more vegetables and homemade foods and eat fewer junk foods.
What are the side effects of eating dates?
The following are some of the possible adverse effects of eating dates: Weight gain: Due to their high caloric content, if ingested in excess. As a result, it’s essential to eat dates in moderation or may cause stomach ache, Bloating, Diarrhea, etc.
How many dates should I eat per day?
It is best to consume handful of dates per day to acquire all of the required nutrients, however the amount ingested will vary depending on calorie demands. But 4 to 5 dates per day is more than enough.
What are the disadvantages of dates?
Dates can cause gastrointestinal problems and irritate and itch the skin.
Asthma attacks can be triggered by dates.
Dates can make you gain weight and potassium levels in the blood can be raised.
It’s possible that the wax covering on dates is harmful and can be harmful to a baby’s health.
Who should not eat dates?
Dates are rich in sorbitol, a sugar alcohol that can increase bowel motions and should be avoided if you have diarrhea. Due to their high fructose content, dates may be avoided by those with allergies. and face problem after eating dates
Are dates good for sperm?
Improve men’s sexual health – Dates have long been regarded as a delicious meal that also benefits men’s sexual health. According to certain studies, help you improve your sexual stamina. Increase sperm count – Dates include flavonoids and estradiol, both of which have been shown to boost sperm count and quality.
Is it OK to eat dates everyday? | How much dates to eat a day?
Dates contain 15 minerals, including selenium, which helps to combat cancer and enhances the immune system, according to these research. Dates are high in unsaturated fatty acids such palmitolic, oleic, linoleic, and linolenic acids, as well as 23 amino acids. You simply need to consume three dates every day to get the benefits.
Do dates cause acidity?
No dates do not cause acidity as they have relatively low acid. But eating dates in moderation is always the better choice as it heats up the body for some people.
Do dates improve fertility?
Yes, date fruit antioxidant nutrients have also been shown to improve female fertility by lowering oxidative effects on oogenesis (the formation of mature female eggs) and the embryonic microenvironment, which may have a direct effect on improving female egg quality, implantation, and early embryonic development.
Are dates good for your liver?
Date extracts promote liver and heart health and aid to avoid liver fibrosis. Dates help our body cleanse naturally by supporting good liver function, as the liver is responsible for keeping waste and toxic chemicals out of your body.
Are dates good for hair?
Consuming dates two to three per day provides you with stronger hair. Dates are high in iron, stimulate blood circulation to the scalp, resulting in quicker hair growth.
Are dates a Superfood?
Dates have a surprising number of health advantages in addition to being delicious. Dates are not only an underappreciated member of the dried fruit family; they are also regarded as a superfood. ‘Superfood’ is a phrase used by several health publications and journals to describe different types of foods.
Are dates a natural Viagra?
It functions as a natural Viagra because it contains oestrogen and flavonoids, both of which assist increase sperm count and motility. It even boosts the production of sexual hormones and promotes male and female sperm quality and fertility.
Are dates good for prostate?
Yes dates are good for the prostate cancer, the extract inhibited cancer cells strongly, which is a promising outcome for prostate cancer treatment. According to the findings, ethyl acetate fractions from Ajwa dates may have therapeutic effects for prostate cancer.
Can I drink water after eating dates?
No, it is advised not to drink water immediately after eating dates since it may trigger a cough. If you are having a date and are also thirsty, it is best to drink water first and then eat date.
Can I eat dates empty stomach?
Eating dates on an empty stomach raises the body’s haemoglobin level and decreases constipation as dates are high in fibre, which aids in the process of bowel movement. Constipation and indigestion are no longer a concern.
Is dates good for immune system?
Yes, dates are good for our immune system as Medjool dates are high in phytonutrients, which are plant components that may have health advantages. According to research, they can boost the immune system, decrease inflammation, prevent DNA damage, and enhance hormone balance.
Are dates anti inflammatory?
Dates are a dry fruit known for their antioxidant characteristics, but they are also have anti-inflammatories properties that can aid in the reduction of chronic inflammation.
Do dates need to be refrigerated?
Dates should be stored in an airtight container and can be kept at ambient temperature or refrigerated for up to 6 months, or frozen for up to 1 year. So buy dates as per your need because even they go bad when kept for a very long time.
Are dates good for skin?
Dates are high in anti-oxidants and Vitamin A and Vitamin C, help our skin glow in a natural and healthy way and aids in the improvement of skin elasticity and the problem of sagging skin. They contain anti-aging qualities.
Which type of dates are best?
Medjool and Deglet dates are huge, soft, and most delicious of all the dates harvested. Because of their high moisture content, they taste great when eaten fresh. Medjool dates can be stored at room temperature for 12-15 days.
Can I eat dates with milk at night?
Dates with milk are not only delicious, but they are also good for your body and overall health. This combination has the potential to treat a wide range of ailments. Eat dates with warm milk and honey to get rid of phlegm and battle a persistent cough. And avoid eating dates with milk at night time.
Do dates help in weight gain?
Dates are high in iron and nutritional fibre, but eating too many of them may cause weight gain because sugar accounts for 70% of their weight, a single date has 66 calories, so avoid eating a lot of them.
Do dates expire?
Dates, like any other fruit, can spoil. They do, however, have a lengthy shelf life and will most likely be consumed before rotting. When properly stored, they will live longer than the label date indicates. However, because all fruits ripen and perish over time, you can’t keep dates fresh indefinitely.
Do dates need to be washed?
Before eating dates, they should be examined and cleaned since they may contain hazardous bacteria, insects, and other impurities. Having said that, you should also double-check your dates. Dates should be substantially intact with minimal rips, glossy but wrinkled, and devoid of unpleasant odours.